Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Vacation

Our Christmas was a little crazy this year and I feel kind of bad that I didn't get one picture of Koy with the Christmas tree but there is always next year... right? We left on the 23rd to go to Randolph and after 1,500 miles, we are officially home. Here are a few highlights from our holiday:

  • First of all, it was Koy's first Christmas. He was so excited that he slept through the whole thing.
  • We saw all of Koy's great grandparents all on Christmas day. Starting in Randolph, then to Evanston and finally ended up in St. George on Christmas night.
  • Koy started laughing. Millie got him giggling pretty hard on Christmas eve. It is SO cute!
  • Justin didn't have to eat Oyster Stew again. Sucker. He's too stubborn to even try the stuff. (The first time he tried it a couple of years ago, he dipped a cracker in the broth and almost puked...) I don't blame him. I couldn't bring myself to have any either this year. Question: Why don't we have a Christmas tradition that everyone likes? Answer: Good question...
  • We left Christmas day about 11:00 to head to St. George. We tried to miss the huge snow storm but ran into it at Silver Creek Junction. We lost control in the little Civic and if Justin wasn't a Nascar driver in his previous life, we probably would have wrecked. We both said a million prayers and finally made it to Heber safely. We will NEVER travel in a storm again... unless we have 4 wheel drive... hmmm... do I see a new 4-Runner in the future? I WISH!
  • Koy has now been traumatized and is not a huge fan of his carseat... after more than 1,500 miles, I don't blame him.
  • Hoover Dam is cool... kind of. After waiting in traffic for 1.5 hrs trying to get across the darn thing it looses its luster.
  • Road Rage... need I say more?
  • I saw my first real Cactus that looked like the one on the Taco Bell sign. It was wierd after I realized I'd never seen one in real life before.
  • Congrats to Heidi and Jacob on getting married. We're so happy for you and glad we could be there but Jacob does have one strike against him. Good heavens, I'm the only in-law that didn't grow up in Round Valley or live in Mesa... How could you forget my name?!!
  • Mesa would be number 1 on my list to live if it wasn't so hot in the summer. It was so nice to get out of the cold for a few days!
  • Colton and his imaginary pet fly, Fido, are always good enternainment. Justin and I are still laughing about how cute that is. Colt is pretty serious about Fido. Don't pretend to eat him or you'll have one upset little boy on your hands.
  • We got to see all of Justin's family and almost all of mine. It has been pretty fun. Don't worry G'ma Kim, Koy won't forget you!
  • After 1,500 miles, we didn't even have to pay for one hotel room. Thanks Heather and Sam for providing us a place to stay! We appreciate it!
  • We stayed in Vegas w/Dan and Chelsee on the way home. Thanks you guys! Camdyn made Koy's bed with blankets and a pillow. It was pretty cute!
  • Justin and I didn't used to mind a long drive to Arizona but it's amazing how one little kid can change that. Oh well. It was worth it!
  • We got home on Tuesday and Ty, Camille and Kayden came and stayed with us last night. They live in Indiana and we haven't seen them FOREVER! Kayden is such a cutie and I can't wait until Koy can run around with him.

I didn't get many pictures but here are a few:

This is Colt holding Koy... I'm not sure Colt knew what to think.

Here are the boots Great G'pa & G'ma South gave Koy. So cute!


This was our last pit stop in Nephi on the way home. Koy was still as smiley as ever. He ended up having a huge blow out after this and let me tell you, it takes true talent to change a diaper in the front seat of a car. Justin was the brave one and held Koy on his lap while I did the dirty work. We got laughing so hard because it's just amazing what such a little guy can manage...

Where's Kayden?...

There he is!

1 comment:

Ben and Jen Clark said...

Wait, I think I know you. Your face is missed around these parts, but who could blame you? He is adorable! I'd just want to hold him all day if I were you! I love the pictures of him! Let's still be friends even though we don't work together anymore, okay? Keep in touch!